We have both Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy that we are called to practice in our daily life. They serve as reminders to us that we are both body and soul and both must be nourished and sustained.
The Corporal Works of Mercy are:
- To feed the hungry;
- To give drink to the thirsty;
- To clothe the naked;
- To harbour the harbourless;
- To visit the sick;
- To ransom the captive;
- To bury the dead.
- To instruct the ignorant;
- To counsel the doubtful;
- To admonish sinners;
- To bear wrongs patiently;
- To forgive offences willingly;
- To comfort the afflicted;
- To pray for the living and the dead.
Throwback to when I was a youth minister, but fits for the theme of mercy!
Receive God’s mercy and grace.